Thursday, January 29, 2009

Just Dance, It'll Be Ok...

I've never been at one with the rave party. Just really wasn't ever my thing. Don't get me wrong, I like dance music but haven't ever really been to a dedicated dance party until the weekend...

I was with three girlfriends down in Melbourne on the weekend, when one convinced us to go to Betterdaze at Carousel in Albert Park. It started at 1, and thank god we didn't get there till 5pm. After an hour of watching people dance like idiots, girls dressed like they work at Coyote Ugly and boys in muscle singlets, I was thinking to myself "Fuck a duck, another 6 hours of this... I'm not sure I can cope."

But then something happened... maybe it was the million red bulls we drank, or the pack of cigarettes we smoked but I found myself heading to the dance floor. We owned that dance floor, busting out moves I actually didn't even know I had, one in particular and I even named it -"gyration for the nation." It involves a strut followed by intense thrusts of the hips, coupled with choreographed hand placement.

Then it dawned on me, I was now one of these idiots and loving it.

We ended up having THE BEST time, dancing till midnight, watching random hook ups, including one of the girls who kissed a guy we called BB (bad breath, he had somehow forgotten to eat which resulted in a severe case of halatious).

These are the rules I recommend living your life by... Don't judge anyone until you know their story and dance like no one is watching. Idiots really do have more fun.

P.s what is it with siblings thinking that because they bought the card then they don't need to contribute to a present?? PETER?

No comments: