Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Its Off To The Shops We Go...

Not sure if you realised but Christmas is over... time to take down the tree and remove those hideous lights that you have covering your house. Time to reflect on what a wonderful life we have and what a great day was shared in the sun with family and friends. Time to hit the sales...

I love shopping, I love everything about it but was it just me, or did anyone else notice most of the shops had things on sale before Christmas?! What a disappointment. I guess the old GFC (global financial crisis) is hitting everything. If Kevin Rudd wanted to boost the economy he should have given that $1,000 to every 23-28 year old women, because god knows I would have dropped that in about 30 secs. But seriously, I feel like everything is in crisis these days... financial crisis, employment crisis, housing crisis. Why now, does the world have to deny me of a good sale and put me in a bargain crisis!?

I had to quench my shopping thirst so made the mistake of heading out to DFO yesterday. After spending 1.5 hours trying to get into the Oroton store, something dawned on me - I am over it?? I am over the thrill of having something reduced from $295, down to $150 only to have 50% knocked off again at the cash register? Well after being elbowed by an Asian woman I was seriously starting to think so.
After getting out of there I was driving home when i noticed a little shoe shop in Mosman. And after walking out with the cutest pair of flats for $30, I knew that fire was still in me.

I've always said, people who say money can't buy you happiness clearly doesn't know where to shop.
2009 people, keep your heads up high, and when your down... just dance

No comments: