Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Nightmare On Murdocca Street...

Ever have one of those days when you feel like the world is against you? Well, that happened...to me...today.

It all started with a struggle out of bed, an hour training session then being late for work. To follow, I added something to our work server (out of the goodness of my heart) only to receive and email stating that I had breached policies and it needed to be removed ASAP.
Then parking inspectors out on a power trip marked my car, and the only spot I could find within a 5km radius of work, was actually 5kms away. I had a headache.

After a 20min presentation by a media owner who read off the presentation pretty much word for word, I really was starting to feel that it was all going down hill...

An afternoon meeting with a client with a bulging headache to brainstorm something I knew nothing about, with people speaking a language I did not understand topped it off. After not even being offered a glass of water I almost had to lay by the powerade I bought, scrounging around for the $4.50 the convenience store was charging. I almost said, and no word of a lie "you should be ashamed of yourself."

Parking police were out again, but I saw an all day spot - started running over to get the car only to find I a) hadn't put the brake on and b) it was still in drive.

Back in office looking for Panadol. Panadol found. Tried to get the panadol out of the box another story, after shaking it profusely, it fell behind the filing cabinet.

I can pretty much guarentee that today I have wasted 6 hours of my life, never to be seen again. But you know, just when you think you have it bad you do realise there are people out there worse than you.

Check this out... Yes, it is in dutch, but in short the chat show is about medical procedures gone wrong. One poor girl woke up from an operation and couldn't walk and one poor guy accidently had his balls cut off... Apparently the host was fired after.



No comments: