Friday, November 21, 2008

iScream, uScream, we all scream for Iphone...

My new iPhone arrived yesterday. I was probably the 10th person in my office to jump on board the technology train and donate to the Apple Corporation's GFC fund.

Like all new things I get a hold off... I'm obsessed.
This gadget is amazing, I've added applications which can tell me where the nearest bar is, where I can eat for cheap and if i find a song I like on the radio, hold the iPhone up to it and using Shazam it automatically tells you who the artist, album and song name. The iPhone is ingenious. You can then at one tap head to the iTunes store and buy the song for a small fee.
Trust me, i don't work for the Apple Corp.

I'm logged onto wireless so can access the net at literally a touch of a button.

It made me think, with mobile advertising undoubtedly only going to increase, will our personal wireless devices be the key to truly connecting to consumers? In order for it to work content providers need to make sure the opt in/out action still applies. As soon as people start being bombarded with shit they don't want is when the revolt against mobile advertising will occur.

Through the powers of bluetooth, applications, SMS, MMS is where mobile advertising will take off. I'm not convinced advertising on mobile built websites will work.

The key to mobile advertising will really be providing users with relevant and entertaining content.

Now... I will buy and iPhone, I must buy and iPhone...

No comments: