Sunday, November 9, 2008

Can I be Michelle Obama?

Just putting it out there, but I think Obama is hot. Charismatic, smart and now the new leader of the most powerful country in the world - The United States of America.

Not sure if you watched the election, but I was astounded at the amount of support Obama had in Australia. Our whole office was gathered around the TV watching the votes being counted and then ultimately the announcement that Barack Obama won. I remember when it was announced Kevin Rudd had been elected our new PM, I was outside drinking a Bacardi Breezer not really caring about what it meant for our country.

What does Barack's win mean for Australia and our relations with the US? Who knows, I think Obama's campaign has focused on the change he believes he can make to the states, rather than his plans for his allies. But nevertheless, this has given everyone a bit of optimism in a time where, let's face it - most things are going to shit.

No comments: